Unstable love for Lesbians

Posted on
  • Monday, January 16, 2012
  • by
  • angco.co
  • in
  • Labels:
  • PHNOM PENH (Cambodia Herald) -   In nature, most sexual couplings are between males and females. So why do some women have sex with other women?

    A lesbian is a girl or woman sexually or romantically attracted to the same sex, namely other girls or women. Lesbians are sometimes called gay or homosexual women, but the word lesbian is usually preferred.

    According to major studies, five to ten percent of the world's population is homosexual or has had some forms of same-sex sexual contact within his or her lifetime, meaning one out of 10 people may be lesbian or gay.

    Naren, 16, is a slim country girl disappointed by her boyfriend. "I don’t believe anymore in love with a guy. I want to live alone for the rest of my life," she said. In the meantime, "I've fallen in love with my roommate, who I call sister. I always feel romantic and calm when I stay close to her.

    "I've known very well for a long time that I have feelings to love other girls and have been waiting for a chance to speak out. Now I can achieve this by loving my roommate." 

    However, Naren admits that the relationship is unstable and that the couple will soon split up.  Her roommate no longer accepts her as a sexual partner even though she is not interested in men. "It was useless love," she said.

    Leng Mony Thach, a coordinator of the National Chaktomok Men who have Sex with Men Network, said there was no major research about women who love women in Cambodia despite reports of increased lesbianism.



    0 comments:

    Please add comment to express your opinion, and share it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you in advance.